- I know you’ve thought of the many ways your life could be better.
- I know there’s a part of you that knows you’re capable of being more.
- I know there’s a part of you that wants to do more.
- There must be a part of you that knows you deserve more from your life.
And yet, nothing changes. You’re not able to take the leap forward.
You continue rushing around doing daily tasks, doing this and doing that. We get so wrapped up in a routine that we sometimes feel like we are just going through the motions and not really being in the moment of our lives. We become disconnected with our jobs, family, and other loved ones. You look ahead and see the maze only getting bigger and more complicated. Then the stress, anxiety, and depression increases with each thought.
Have you ever sat down and reflected on the day and said:
- I know I did something today because I am tired, but feel like I did not accomplish anything?
- Why do I try so hard at my relationships and no matter what I do, it is not working?
- Why am I so close to just shutting down?
We worry about others so much and think it’s selfish to take care of ourselves. It’s not. It is necessary. Just like in an airplane, we need to put on our own oxygen mask before we can save others.